27 February, 2018

Tuesday, 27 February 2018

My goodness, the day started out with my list of goals getting figured out, but I didn't go in order... I did a lot, but not all of what I wanted to get done.  This is really a challenge.   :-(    I think I need a better way to decide on my top three goals for each day, and to actually do them in order.  I know that is what all the goal people SAY to do, but who really gets to do that????  I made some new forms to help me with my goals, revised others, and now I think I want a one page calendar page with three lines for each day.  That will be my list!

I am happy with my other (original) effort to make a goal list, but that is turning into a more general look at what I need to get done.  It may become a monthly effort... I'm not sure yet.

Goals are so challenging.
Prioritizing has always been a problem with me... it was easier to get the little stuff out of the way, but then I would be too tired, forget, be distracted by something else...

I loved the Brian Tracy exercise I started out with so many years ago...  He has you make a fast list of ten goals you want to achieve, and you do that every morning for a month.  It gives you an idea of where you really want to go in your life, what matters to you, where to put your time and money and energy.

I need to find my top three to get DONE each day... that will help me move forward.  I get so wrapped up in all the things on my list/s that I can't seem to focus.  I hope this TOP THREE calendar will help me get through that... even if the three items are just simple things I need to get done, it will help me move in the right direction.  It will be good for my effort to break big goals into smaller parts. 

I did at least three things on my imaginary list today.  I suppose it is a successful day.  I just didn't have them as my top three.

*
I wanted to rest a bit upstairs today so I watched some TV.  I turned Netflix on finally... looking for some COMMERCIAL FREE viewing!!! -- and I decided to watch some more episodes from the Natural Disaster season I am going through.  I decided to watch the one on Tsunamis, then the one on Extreme Weather.

Oregon has been preparing for tsunamis on the coast.  The earthquake and tsunami in Japan, the same one that started the nuclear waste leak, made the issue more urgent... but I think it was the huge one in the area of the Indian Ocean that really moved people to improve their warning systems.  It seems the faultline from California, the one I thought I was getting away from when I moved up here, goes about fifty miles offshore up here.  In one of the examples of tsunamis, it only took three minutes for a huge wave to reach the coast somewhere from an earthquake about 60 miles off of its shores.  That is not a lot of time.

Being from California, I am always wondering when it will fall into the ocean because of the faultlines there.  The last time I looked, I think Los Angeles and San Francisco will go into the ocean.  If the BIG ONE does happen up and down the coast, I am wondering what kind of effect it will have here...because of the fault line being so close.

The episode brought out some amazing details I never heard before.  Who really keeps track of these things.  We are busy surviving our own lives... disasters come and life goes on.  I was reminded of the years they happened when I was watching these two episodes.  I also discovered that they are expecting a VERY BIG event all the way across the ocean from the east coast of America, but the tsunami will reach us at heights 15 floors up in New York City, Washington DC, Miami, and other places.  That is scary.  I remember watching for details about the Japan tsunami, and it flooded places 15 miles into the island.

I wonder how far inland one would reach here in Oregon, if the fault line collapses.
Now I wonder how far inland one would reach on the east coast... that is where a lot of our nation does business... it would be a huge catastrophe.  Have they thought about that?  I doubt it.  And how would we budget for a recovery when we are nearly bankrupt already!

I always wonder why GOD hasn't helped me to build Working Together to help in these things... somehow.

*
I made it through today in my food issues... tried rice sticks (rice noodles) for the first time today...  I added them to soup... who knows what they will look like tomorrow.  Maybe I can make fried noodle mush... noodle burgers... something like that.  :-)  My eating is getting better every month... less foods, smaller portions, better choices... my new food record is helping a lot.  I revised it again, so it's even better now.  It will help me get my eating down to where I want it to be... even if I try the senior citizen strategy of eating small meals more frequently during the day.  I am getting back to not eating solid food at night.  That really helps... love that one.  So glad I made that my goal for 2017.

*
It is already past 9pm... I may turn into a pumpkin... if I don't get some sleep soon.  I fell asleep watching TV earlier... I feel so "senior" at those moments!  :-)

Until next time...
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May the nation, and the world, start preparing for the realities of prophecy, the changes of global government, the need for better choices, and the financial burdens of an ungodly society.  Debt-free... I hope we can make it in time.
*
May our lives become less distracted and isolated by the technology we have discovered.
*
May we find better ways to solve our problems, as people and as nations.
*
May tomorrow be better than today.
*
May GOD bless those who love Him with all the bounty they need to achieve His good in our world... the needs keep getting bigger every day... who will help those who have no where else to go to...  How much does one person really need?
*
May we all find GOD in a good Bible that teaches His Truth and wisdom... give us discernment... help us to know the difference between real Truth and "fake news."
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.