22 February, 2018

Thursday, 22 February 2018

The snow is melting, but it is still very cold.
Rain will be here soon, so all this white stuff will disappear.
I don't know how warm it will be, but it won't be this cold!

I use to visit the midwest as a child... and I have lived in Illinois as an adult... through a winter... at least one.  It has been so long since that time it is hard to remember.  I mostly remember having to drive my van, which was only a metal shell with no flooring or insulation of any kind, many long miles in the dead of winter snow... it was like driving in a freezer.  I often wonder how I made it.

I was raised in California, mostly.  Winters were rain... and flooded streets.

I am heading into module number four with the mini-course.  It is on "time blocking."  I have heard of this, but not sure I have done it.  Not as a planning strategy for achieving your goals, anyway.

Today was module number three of the five in the course.  It was on meal planning -- to take the stress and waste of time it can be to figure out food for a family.  It was an interesting video, and I like the worksheets she provides.  I want to try them out.  They are created with general use in mind, but it is a similar process for many food-oriented sheets to plan meals.  (I can't find the main website to request the free BEST YEAR EVER (2017 for 2018) mini-course, but the planner she offers is called LIVING WELL PLANNER, and the book she wrote is LIVING WELL, SPENDING LESS, and the mini-course is at pages with her name :: Ruth Soukup.  The best bet may be :: livingwellspendingless.com )

I am trying to switch to more fruits and veggies these days, because of my viewing of FORKS OVER KNIVES.  Finding replacement meals for a veggie lifestyle is really a challenge, even when you didn't eat much meat... or eggs.  Cheese is my downfall.  I haven't figured out what to do about my oils and butters and sugars...  fresh produce is great!  I love it!  But what do you do with a baked potato when you are used to eating it with butter and sour cream, or sometimes cheese?

I'm starting some crafting projects today.  Eventually, I want to photograph the processes I go through and post them at my crafts blog :: CRAFTS EXPLORED.  I'm working on getting the right equipment to do this.  Right now, I need to focus on developing my products and getting some listings put up.  My ONE digital item at etsy.com/shop/work2gather is about to expire.  I want to change this from a digital product to an actual copy, matted or fully framed.  You have until the 24th to purchase my digital copy.  It is one of my favorite creations, a writing called SERVANTS.

Well... time to get going.
Until next time,
In Christ,

Deborah Martin
work2gather.us

*
*
*
May the GOD of our hearts and lives bless our prayers and bring us good things to share with others.
May we be thankful for the blessings we have, and not see all the things we don't have.
May our country find peace and prosperity and a heart for GOD.
May this year be our "BEST YEAR EVER!"  :-)
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.