15 January, 2018

Monday, 15 January 2018

Well, I suppose I should say something about MLK...
It is his designated holiday.
I always wonder about the "real" birthdays anymore.
I don't really know when his official birthday is...
today is a government convenience.

I have always admired his place in history,
and hated the events that are often associated with that battle.
When I see the films of police dogs attacking innocent marchers,
When I see the reports of bus explosions on documentaries,
When I think of little kids having to deal with the actions of adults that threaten them,
it just makes me ill.

In the years that have passed since his death,
there have been reports that he wasn't a perfect man...
imagine that.
His family continued for him... kept his dream alive, I guess.

I often wonder how GOD chooses the people He lifts up for leadership.
Moses, Daniel, David, Job, Noah, the Apostles, Zacheus, and all the ones I can't remember right now.
I don't see any of them were looking for a position of spiritual leadership.
Their relationship with GOD changed.
Their life changed.
They became His vehicles for achieving His Will for the world.

MLK became GOD's leader.
We see him, and how GOD used him to make the world better,
to make us better, to change a wrong into something better.

The problems of racism still exist... I think they always will.
But we have a better world, a better America, because he lived,
because he chose to be used by GOD in his time.

*
I discovered more of my ROKU options tonight...
there wasn't any good radio on, I didn't want to do my stuff in silence,
so I turned on the switch for my new "communications center" --
the place where I put the shared TV, computer, VHS, ROKU...
I decided to try some sermon shows, and wound up at Billy Graham TV.
This is good for me.  Better TV than secular options.
I should admit that I started with PBS but couldn't get it to work.  :-)  haha
This will give me some good things to do on my Sabbath night and day.

*
Today was a busy day of sorting the things in my room.
I really made a better "shipping area" in my closet.
The drawers of my four desk/tables are being organized for their particular uses.
It is getting to be useable.  I love it.

The future looks better...

*
May GOD help it to keep going in those directions,
fix the problems that still exist,
and provide for the rest of the things I still need.
Amen.

Until next time,
In Christ,
Deborah Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.