29 September, 2017

Friday, 29 September 2017

Here I am again...  :-)

I finished the book by Marie Frost.  It was good... maybe an ending to go with the preface, a summary of some kind, would be nice.  It ended with a chapter story.  Maybe I need to read that one over and see if that was the summary.

*
Been working on my product development today... trying to figure out chocolate... how to use it and make it look good.  I see lots of practice ahead of me.  Good thing the holiday season is upon us!

*
I finished a loaf of Orowheat bread today and decided to check out the calorie count.  I had to laugh at the name of the manufacturer ::  BIMBO Bakeries USA Inc.  --  :-)  In my youth, BIMBO was not a nice name... for a woman, I think.  I don't know if it's still in use...  I hope the owners are some of those people who gathered together and started a CO-OP, employee-owned, company with a cause.

*
I have been controlling my caramel consumption pretty good so far.
Now to overcome the exercising problem...

*
I opened the CD package with Joyce Meyer's 12 Power Thought strategies.  I just started the 3rd of 4 disks.  It will be good to have as a revival message when things get confused by the enemy of our souls.  I will check out the book over the weekend... it is nearly my Sabbath... that will be good to do on the Sabbath.

Our lives are deeply affected by our minds, our thoughts, what we see, what we hear, what we feel... we need to control what goes into our mind because it affects our life... what we choose.  When things enter my life against my will, I sometimes close my eyes and be still, letting my soul talk to GOD through the Holy Spirit.  I pray out loud.  I distract myself, look away, close my eyes, or change something about my situation... go to a different place, get up, go do something else, talk to GOD, pray and wait.  Technologies that have made our lives better have also become tools of evil... we have to find a way to deal with them, keep our faith in GOD, and trust that God is able to walk with us through every problem we face.  Keeping our minds on scripture, on good things, on the power of God, and prayer will help us.

I don't know what all the categories are yet (for her strategies) so I can't share them yet.  Maybe on Monday I will include some of them.

*
I will try to find a solution to the photo problem for posting here.  There are a lot of photos I would like to be including here with my text.  I just have to find the help section for that problem... I hope!  :-)

*
I need this rest... I hope I get some.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
Thank you, Lord, for all that we have and are able to do.
Protect those who love You, who trust in Your Word, and believe You are in control.
Bless this weekend, make it restful, fun, joy-filled, meaningful, and special.
Thank you for what I have and often take for granted... food, shelter, life, rest, etc.....
Bring us to your heart, Lord... help us to know your will for our lives... provide for us.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.