31 August, 2017

31 August 2017

The last day of August is here... soon it will be September, Labor Day, school for everyone, fall weather will get here, and Christmas will be even nearer than it is!!!  :-) 

*
I discovered that the Carleton Sheets VHS tape I was hoping had chapters 1-10 on it actually has chapters in the format!!  Yes!  I rewound the six hour tape at chapter 4, when I put it in the player.  After the intro, he started with chapter 1.  I am hopeful all the missing parts may be on this tape.

*
I started my viewing with the Career Track tape I got on interviewing.  I discovered it is volume 1 of 3, I think.  This one has some interesting viewpoints on it, for me especially, since I have never done any interviews for hiring... yet!  :-)  At the end the presenter shares some of the problems with resume claims.  I am warned.

*
This morning I made the first batch of salt dough to try out in some of my molds.  It will take some days to air dry.  I don't know if it will come out of the molds yet...  I tried a small bit of some clay colored air dry medium from the stores, to see what it does.  Tomorrow I may be able to mix up a batch of the cornstarch recipe I have and see how it works.  And I need to bake some of the FIMO shapes I am working on.

I have worked with salt dough in the distant past, but now it is more important.  I want to eventually get one of the smaller kilns and do real clay!   It's been on my list ever since I discovered they exist... for only about $400 or so.  The issue for me is not just purchasing the small kiln, I need a space to use it and money for the electricity.  Plus I will need all the supplies for real clay work.

I will discover these other forms of clay while I wait to get there.

*
I haven't seen any news today so I don't know what is happening with the hurricane aftermath.  I can't take too much suffering, so I wouldn't want to watch it continually.  It helps me to see small parts of the disaster process to know the possible problems it causes, and what people need after a disaster.  I once wanted to train in disaster relief, after Hurricane Katrina I think.  I couldn't afford to get there, but would have gone if I could have.  It has always been a desire of mine to fund people like me when God provides the finances for Working Together.  The ones who can go, who have the time and heart for it, don't always have the money.  It is a good thing to figure out... and came from my plans for other Christian approaches to things.

*
My thoughts on the things of GOD today were moved by my current life... not something I am ready to share yet.

*
Today I received my official Medicare packet from the government, telling me the forced participation is currently at $134 in 2017.  I hope I qualify for the "subsidy" for people with incomes too low to make that kind of payment...  I have to find out.  I was shocked when I read the booklet that comes with the notification that I am automatically signed up and the costs will automatically be deducted from my retirement payment and that I will forever pay a fine if I don't sign up.  Is that a monopoly?  Is that from Obamacare, or has it always been that way?  I really don't know... I am just discovering the world of Medicare.

*
In the senior newspaper I read an article about end of life desires.  No info on how to do it, or where to register it so my desires are actually recorded, but now I know the name of the thing, the form required, so I can search for it on the internet and see what to do.  The article said someone wanted to have a tatoo put on his 92-year-old chest saying "Do not resusitate" and the doctor who was writing said it wouldn't do any good... emergency responders have to make the effort to save you, the hospital can let you die.

In my own thoughts about the matter, long before today's article, I considered a medical alert bracelet that had the message on it.  I guess they would not be legal either.

*
I think I will go and watch one of the shorter videos about buying my own house...  then I could rent out a room and be able to pay my Medicare bill.

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
May God and all His angels watch over those in need, the weak, the fragile, the struggling, the abused, the homeless, the lost, the elderly... anyone who needs His help to make it to another day.  May our hearts be kind and filled with love for those who are around us, for our neighbors and strangers, for people in church and people in our house, for those with no one and those who are in big families that are too busy to notice them...   There are needs all around us.  May GOD help us to see them, and be a part of changing the way we live as a society.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.