30 August, 2017

30 August 2017

I made it to my favorite sale today... the local Salvation Army 50% off sale at their thrift store/s.  I can only go to one, so I don't know what happens everywhere else. 

Some of the shelves were bare in my favorite kitchen aisles, but I found lots of great things to buy.  I discovered several more of the Carleton Sheets seminar tapes (VHS) from the later 1990's and early 2000's.  These are all based on his No Money Down purchases of real estate.  I should be able to find some great ideas and possibilities in these.

I have been trying to compare him to someone current, but I don't think there is anyone.  He wasn't the same as the Fixer Upper programs now, but the premise is the same... to fix properties up... buy low, sell high, make money to buy more properties.

The last time I went to the thrift store sale, I found three of his tapes.  Two of them have chapters 11 to 24 of the book they are based on.  I hope I found the first ten chapters today.  I also found three supplemental tapes.  I will be busy for awhile.

I was very happy to find a book by Pastor Cho of South Korea... about his affiliation with the Full Gospel Businessman's Fellowship.  I am fond of both ministries.  I am looking forward to reading this book over the next several weeks.  Pastor Cho's church there is the creator of Prayer Mountain.  They are a huge church, but they meet in homes a lot.  I think they made a big building to meet in, but I don't remember all the details right now.  I remember being very impressed by what I read they were doing.

I found a bunch of great treasures today, but I don't want to go through each of them.  It's been a long day and I am tired from it.  I worked on my recordkeeping after I got home.  My budget is still OK even though I spent more than I wanted to.  I left some nice pans before I went to the book department... my weakness.  I think I bought 7 books and 6 VHS tapes!  More than I normally do.

*
Later tonight I discovered the movie Armageddon on TV so I decided to watch it while I ate some popcorn and rested.  I didn't think the film was named well... the word was defined as "the end of all things" and that is true.  My understanding is that the biblical Armageddon is a real battle on the ground, not an asteroid threatening to destroy the planet.  I didn't watch the whole thing... it got to be too much for me.

Hollywood has interesting ways of maligning God and the Bible...  if you don't know what Christianity is really about, you wouldn't know the details are wrong.  So, people hate God because they don't really know what the Bible says.

*
Well, this will have to do for today.
I hope to find a better schedule for my blogging... late nights are not good... who can think at this time of night!
I like the idea of Journaling, just not sure how I want to do that.
Bear with me... by the end of the year I will have this figured out.  :-)

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

*
*
*
Thank you, Lord, for the treasures I found today, for the ability to buy them, for the ability to read, to see, to understand them.  Help me to put them all to good use, helping others, helping myself.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.