16 August, 2017

16 August 2017

Christian radio is in the background today... I want to listen to one of my favorite preaching shows.  It's a local minister, but too far for me to reach. One good thing about having our communication options (tv, radio, internet, etc.) is the ability to hear from people we would never be able to visit.  It also gives us a chance to think about the wide differences and the common theologies we have in the Christian arena.

Today I ventured out into the shopping world.  Spent all my money on household necessities, well... most of it.  :-)   Mop, broom, dustpan, kitchen goodies, and a small (2ft) HDMI cord to figure out how it works and what I can use it on!  My treat was breakfast at a Taco Bell... a bean burrito at 7:30ish in the morning.  I somehow made it home by about noon, but didn't get to do all the shopping I wanted to do.  The heat was too much for me.  I came back early!

My budget is still intact... I have ten dollars left for the rest of the month... well, ten dollars in my wallet, my emergency cash.  I'm working on two birthday gifts for September.  Two of my three sons were born in September.  Back to school used to be a nightmare.  :-)  I am getting better with my budget process. It has changed my life in many ways, and I couldn't get it done when I was a single parent at a Welfare level.  I hope to accomplish some of my lifetime goals before God calls me home.  I have read that some single parents in the Ramsey program have achieved the initial baby steps, the emergency fund mostly.  I even read about a prison program that has changed the life of an inmate who worked the baby step process.  That is amazing!!

Without money, we can't do anything.  Getting above survival is critical.  I am actually still working on my initial emergency fund... the 500-1000 dollars just to get through the things that always happen when you are trying to change your life.  I have so many needs that it keeps going up and down...  I am currently debating the purchase of a small laptop or other kind of computer.  I was looking at some more of the choices today.  I really need a bit more money to get one that will be a basic model for me... so, I am still praying about it, searching for more options, and trying to make a list of what is essential.

Tomorrow the people who are creating a kitchenette in my room (at my son's house) will be coming to do the backsplash.  I hope it turns out good.  Having a kitchen of my own to use has been great... coffee when you want it, food when you want it, cooking and baking when you need to, washing dishes, building a pantry, trying out new recipes, etc..... little things that mean a lot. 

Since I discovered the 20K house project I have been designing basic houses in case God lets me build them.  Human beings need shelter... and food... and a place to build a life.  Homelessness has shown me a lot about what really matters.  I can't change other people, so I pray for the opportunity to do what I can on my own... finding like-minded people on the way.

My past led to Working Together, which is all about basic survival needs :: food, shelter, etc.  Christians don't realize they will need it for themselves...  I had hoped to start the process by making some examples.

It's time to go do other things. 

In Christ,
Deborah Martin

May God watch over us all, lead us to His Love, guide our hearts in good directions, help us to see our place in the Body of Christ, make our hearts pure, our motives right, and our actions worthy.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.