17 February, 2016

Wednesday, 17 FEB 2016 :: Praying for America

Today I received a PRAYER JOURNAL for the 2016 Decision America Tour
http://www.decisionamericatour.com/get-involved/ )  I thought it was so beautiful that I wanted to share the only information I have about it here.

The Decision America Tour is an effort to increase the Christian vote by holding prayer events at each state capitol before the November elections.  Franklin Graham, as part of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, http://www.BillyGraham.org, is organizing the tour.  Prayer gatherings have already been held in several states during January and February, many are scheduled through April, and the rest are being arranged.  You can find out more information about your state at the links I have placed at the bottom.

My desire in sharing about this Prayer Journal in this post is for every Christian in America to have one of their own. 

When I looked through my new copy, I realized it would be a wonderful way to keep track of each state.  In the journal, each state has two pages, one with details about the state, and another with lines for your entries. In the process of starting this blog, I realized that this could become an ongoing tool for prayer by using the lined page for notes about its major needs, things that won't be solved by this election.

I have never really focused on the individual problems that each state in America faces, I have always been more focused on national problems, human problems, spiritual problems.  This Prayer Journal helps me to think about each state, about how their problems affect the entire nation, about the things we can all help solve together.

America is my country. 
It is the only country I know. 
It is the country I love.
And I am worried about it's future.
 
I can't solve all of the problems my country is dealing with, but I can pray, ask GOD to show us the answers, and try to find ways to be part of the solutions.  This Prayer Journal helps me to do that with wisdom, with knowledge, with commitment, and with other Christians.   I hope you will get one of these journals for yourself -- right away !!   :-)


========================================

You can find the tour dates that have already been announced at this link...
http://www.decisionamericatour.com/tour-dates/#fndtn-announced


You can find a list of all the states at the following link.  Find out what is happening in your state.
http://www.decisionamericatour.com/tour-dates/#fndtn-states




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in this blog. Your participation in this discussion is welcome, but I would like to ask that you do so with respect toward me and toward the audience that would be reading it.

Please keep your comments focused on the blog entry... using clean language and a respectful tone. If you disagree with something, explain your view without resorting to profanity or abusive statements.

Discussions are important to understanding different viewpoints. I hope you will share yours and allow others the same privilege.